What Is Rotary?
Our club – Visalia Sunset Rotary – is a group of friends who come together and make a real difference in our community, PLUS have tons of fun!!
We meet at 4:45 PM on Mondays at Visalia Rawhide, so join us and unwind!
Our membership boasts everyone from community leaders to “up and comers” – so yes, sometimes we do make it a family affair! We make monetary donations, participate in “hands on” projects and use our vocations as a way to help others.
Here’s a little more about our bigger picture…
Rotary International is the world’s first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide. Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio under the motto Service Above Self.
The mission of Rotary International is to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
The Object of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test
of the things we think, say or do
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
This “Test” adopted by Rotary in the 1940’s from Chicago businessman and Rotarian, Herbert Taylor, is the guideline by which our service club organization operates in every club, world-wide.